KBs 2920189, 2871997 to be published soon?

(imported topic written by dhtorsdc)

When will these advisories be published?

KB2920189 (2962824)

KB2871997

Thanks!

(imported comment written by jgstew)

KB2871997 broke Kerberos in some circumstances in our environment. Be careful to test it before pushing it out widely.

(imported comment written by WeylanWang)

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21505826

(imported comment written by dhtorsdc)

Hi WEYLAN. Is this to say that there were 3800+ RFEs put in for the 3800+ Security Advisories currently in the system? Should I not have expected IBM to publish those either?

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21505826

Does that make sense?

We don’t cover all of them unless it is a Security Bulletin. Or it was something requested and product managment likes to tally what is requested and this is the best way to let them know if you want something, a RFE. You can always make custom content that deploys a Security Advisory. We just don’t do the testing and you would have to do the testing yourself if it is custom content.

So then, at what “later date” will these be published, assuming that the (unexpected) Security Advisories in the system now didn’t all (unexpectedly) land there because of individual RFEs? Soon? (or is that expecting too much?)

We don’t cover all of them unless it is a Security Bulletin. Or it was something requested and product managment likes to tally what is requested and this is the best way to let them know if you want something, a RFE. You can always make custom content that deploys a Security Advisory. We just don’t do the testing and you would have to do the testing yourself if it is custom content.

So the answer is the same I am afraid. We don’t do all.

So the option is if it isn’t there you can do custom content. And RFE… And product managment evaluates what is currently being published and what resources are available and allocates resources to build content that managment feels is the best use of time and resources based on demand.

Your “revised” posts come off much less pointed than the originals do. I’ll let mine stand. Let’s hope the wind is blowing the same way it did for the other Security Advisories that unexpectedly came to be published. BEWARE YE ALL who dare ask if an advisory will be published. It will ruin the surprise!