KB5037422 Out of Band Patch

Does anyone know if the patch KB5037422 will be added to Patches for Windows in the near future to address the memory on domain controllers from the last released patch?
March 22, 2024—KB5037422 (OS Build 20348.2342) Out-of-band - Microsoft Support

This non-security update includes quality improvements. When you install this KB:

• This update addresses a known issue that affects the Local Security Authority Subsystem Service (LSASS). It might leak memory on domain controllers (DCs). This issue occurs after you install KB5035857 (March 12, 2024). The leak occurs when on-premises and cloud-based Active Directory DCs process Kerberos authentication requests. This substantial leak might cause excessive memory usage. Because of this, LSASS might stop responding, and the DCs will restart when you do not expect it.
2 Likes

Yes, you can expect this to be released imminently (minutes/hours, not days)

1 Like

Thanks Jason, I appreciate the quick response.

In case you missed it Content Release: patches for Windows published 2024-03-25

Thank you Jason, will there be a oob patch for Server 2019 to?

edit: Sorry added the wrong link before, this is the one.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/topic/march-25-2024-kb5037425-os-build-17763-5579-out-of-band-fa8fb7fa-8185-408f-bdd6-ea575ce2fcb5

That patch is from 2022 so it would have been obsolete with the next cumulative update, right?

Sorry, wrong link, I changed my post.

1 Like

I knew that it seemed a little weird that you were posting a link from 2022 asking for an out of band patch to be released.

Just acknowledging receipt, checking with the patch team internally

2 Likes

KB5037425 was announced for Win2019.

Will the new OOB fixes properly supersede the original March content and will the original March content be renamed by the normal add (Superseded) to the end of the content names?

Waiting for KB5037425 to be published. Patch site version I presume will be 4345

Still waiting for KB5037425 and its in the MS catalog already.

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB5037425

I did see a note the team was working on it late last night but haven’t seen a publish request on it yet. Still in progress.

Can you respond to this?
Will the new OOB fixes properly supersede the original March content and will the original March content be renamed by the normal add (Superseded) to the end of the content names?

Patch site version I presume will be 4345?

That I’m not sure…will tag @ADL here

1 Like

We see the new fixes for OOB but no rename of original?

New OOBs

The MS catalog has data for each that says the OOB replaces the March regular content. Why does your content not reflect that?

Hi,

the reason why we did not supersed the original content is because we do not supersed a “Security Update” with a non-security update.
KB5035849 is marked as “Security Update” while KB5037425 is marked as “Updates”. same concept is also valid for the ther KBs that apply to Win 2016 and 2022.

1 Like

What do you see?

I see a supersede replacement.