KB4093112 - both cumulative and delta installed

Hi All,

I would like to ask about those two fixlets:
MS18-APR: Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 - Windows 10 Version 1709 - KB4093112 (x64)
MS18-APR: Delta Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 - Windows 10 Version 1709 - Delta Update - KB4093112 (x64)

On Microsoft site
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/administration/windows-server-update-services/deploy/monthly-delta-update-isv-support-without-wsus
there is information that:
Prevent deployment of Delta and Cumulative updates in the same month
“If you approve and deploy the same version of the Delta and Cumulative update, you will not only generate additional network traffic since both will be downloaded to the PC, but you may not be able to reboot your computer to Windows after restart.”

As far as I know those fixlets should works in the way that only cumulative or delta is installed (if machine have all patches from previous month only delta will be relevant and will be installed, if not then cumulative will be relevant and installed)

We pushed some patches as action group onto Windows 10 Version 1709 machines and we noticed that both cumulative and delta were installed:

Is this normal behavior?

1 Like

Today is our first day in a two week patch Window. So far, I’ve patched 175 Win10 1709 endpoints successfully using our baseline, which includes the Deltas and the CUs and I am NOT seeing what you are.

MatPel, you are correct. The Cumulative and Delta fixlets should not have both been applicable. There was an earlier relevance problem that caused both to become relevant at the same time.The issue was resolved and the updated fixlets were released on April 12.

1 Like

Thank you very much for this info. Now everything is clear