KB4015217 Update Rollup install / Rollback - Relevance issues?

Ok, my situation is a bit messed up so I’m not sure there’s anything to be done about it, but wanted to make you aware anyway.

As I posted at ! KB4015217 causing INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE on Win2016 / Win10 , I had a problem with a Windows Server 2016 host following the 2017-APR rollup KB4015217. I was able to roll back the patch using DISM from WinPE.

After rolling back, the system was online for 16 hours and had still not reported “Relevant” for Fixlet 401521701 or 401521705 (the Cumulative and Delta updates for 2017-APR for Server 2016).

I was able to manually install the Delta update on the host, and reboot; then I tried a BigFix action for Fixlet 401521701 (Cumulative) and the host reported “Not Relevant” for the action. (I had not tried sending the Delta Update as an Action). I am manually installing the Cumulative update now via WUSA so Windows thinks it’s applicable.

I don’t know whether there’s any way to check whether the expected rollup is present, in this case where I’ve uninstalled the rollup through DISM. I know there are so many file replacements involved that the Relevance to check each file may not be workable. KB4015217 did not appear in the “Installed Updates” area of Add/Remove Programs.

Hi @JasonWalker,

Relevances for KB4015217 have been updated recently for better deployment efficiency. Could you kindly try the latest version of Fixlet and let us know if you are still seeing the same behavior on the environment you have rolled back?

Thank you!