Kaspersky Uninstall

Dear Team,

I try to uninstall the kaspersky security 10 for windows through command line it’s working fine but the same when i try from IBM Bigfix it’s failed to execute.

CMD Line: MsiExec.exe /X{BCF4CF24-88AB-45E1-A6E6-40C8278A70C5} KLLOGIN=admin KLPASSWD=pr0te(t10N /qn /norestart

Action Script

Kindly share your inputs.

Regards
Vicky R

you have to escape the curly brace, so

MsiExec.exe /X {{BCF4CF24-88AB-45E1-A6E6-40C8278A70C5} KLLOGIN=admin KLPASSWD=pr0te(t10N /qn /norestart

Here’s my action script:

waithidden msiexec.exe /X { name of keys whose( (exists values "DisplayName" whose(it as string as lowercase starts with "Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows" as lowercase) of it) AND (exists values whose(it as string as lowercase starts with "msiexec") of it) ) of keys "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall" of ( x64 registries; x32 registries ) } KLLOGIN=KLAdmin KLPASSWD=pr0te(t10n /qn

Note a reboot is required for KES, so you may need to modify your success criteria or include a reboot in post.

1 Like

This is what I was to recommend. not as complex tho. But I think this has more fail checks.
Tho I think “Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows” needs to be all in lower case for it to run with no problem and it can be a partial. not Sure if Alexa’s environment has Kaspersky. and it fully working.
I would probably use somethign like this going forward. Thank you Alexa :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thanks @nicksberger , it’s working well

Regards
Vicky R

Thanks @AlexaVonTess for your valuable suggestions .

Regards
Vicky R

You may find some of these Analysis checks useful…

Kaspersky - Network Agent Status
Period Every Report
if (exists service "klnagent") then state of service "klnagent" as string else "Not Installed"

Kaspersky - Network Agent Version
Period 1 hour
if (exists service "klnagent") then version of service "klnagent" as string else "Not Installed"

Kaspersky - Endpoint Security Status
Period Every Report
if (exists service "avp") then state of service "avp" as string else "Not Installed"

Kaspersky - Endpoint Security Version
Period 1 hour
if (exists service "avp") then version of service "avp" as string else "Not Installed"

Kaspersky - Last Full Scan
Period 1 hour
if (exists service "avp") then (((value "LastSuccessfulFullScan" of key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\protected\KES10SP2\Data" of x32 registry as string as integer) * second) + "01 Jan 1970 00:00:00" as universal time) as string else "Not Installed"

Kaspersky - Management Server
Period Every Report
if exists key "HKLM\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\34\1103\1.0.0.0\Statistics" of registry then (values "Protection_AdmServer" of it) of keys whose (exists value "Protection_AdmServer" of it) of key "HKLM\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\34\1103\1.0.0.0\Statistics" of registry as string as lowercase else "Not Set"

1 Like