Just Another CrowdStrike Post

So it had me thinking :thought_balloon:

The most common fix for the single biggest IT outage ever to hit the world is a reboot into safe mode and delete a corrupt file.

Now this is pretty straight forward but CrowdStrike were also suggesting that a reboot of up to 15 times could also fix the problem.

BigFix obviously can’t help in that space as the server is blue screening and thus unable to take a reboot command right?

Wrong! *maybe (well for virtual machines at least)

If you have the Virtual Endpoint Manager enabled and it’s connected to the vCenter then theoretically you can reboot the server multiple times as required and also use BigFix to verify the sever is online as you can view the endpoint entry with the native agent and the endpoint with the vCenter connection side by side so when the agent starts reporting, you know you’ve fixed it and it doesn’t need another reboot.

Am I miles off here? Is this technically even possible?

3 Likes

No you are not mile of at all. You could do this with bigfix yes.

The validity of rebooting up to 15 is from what i have seen and read, a 50/50 chance as most PC after rebooting blue screen within seconds of the login screen appearing.

But the usecase for rebooting virtual machine using our Cloud Plugins is 100% accurate.

1 Like