[Job] BigFix Senior Engineer - Washington, DC (40% Remote)

My name is James Granum and I am a technical recruiter. We are looking for a BigFix Senior Engineer for a position in Washington, DC.

We have a lot of flexibility with the compensation range $150k-$200k+. If you are open to new opportunities send me an email and I will give you more details about the position.

If Interested send your resume to jgranum@gridironit.com

Experience:

-Must have a minimum of 7 years of related experience distributing application and software packages using a remote deployment tools, specifically IBM BigFix.

-Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience with architecture and building enterprise solutions using Microsoft Windows Server including

-minimum of three years experience in environments over 3000 users.

-Must have 5 years of experience supporting Microsoft Windows workstations with a minimum of Group Policy creation /modification /maintenance at the domain and local level,

-vulnerability remediation (software and configuration),

-application support/troubleshooting

-enterprise OS imaging.

-Must have experience monitoring end user hardware for vulnerabilities and compliance.

Desired Certifications:

-MCSE certification (Current or Legacy) or similar MS certification.
-IBM Certified Deployment Professional - Endpoint Manager V9.2 preferred

Duties: Performs day-to-day activities required to distribute application/software/ patch packages and deploy operating systems using BigFix to end user hardware. Ensures all hardware are within compliance of the common operating environment, identifying and remediating discrepancies. Provides information and data utilized for asset reporting. Completes overall patch/release management as well as ensures all packages are deployed efficiently and as transparently as possible. Identifies, manages, and monitors for vulnerabilities that may affect compliance requirements and change management procedures. Troubleshoots related issues for users and performs problem resolution in regard to related service requests. Provides subject matter expertise on issues and tasks related to the remote distribution of packages. Provides subject matter expertise for any and all issues that may affect workstations (OS, Application, Network, GPO, etc)

3 Likes

That is kind of a lot. I barely qualify. Would you consider strong candidates that don’t meet all minimums? I think many people don’t bother applying if they don’t meet all minimum criteria, but I think it is worth giving it a shot if you come close.

8 Likes

Yeah absolutely I agree. If you think you are a strong BigFix Engineer than I would love to see you apply. Send me your resume and I will see if we can get you an interview.

1 Like

I think a lot of the contributors to the BigFix Forums and BigFix.me would qualify as strong BigFix Engineers. I hope they consider applying even if they don’t meet all of the requirements above.

5 Likes

I’m always curious how much of a gatepoint the certifications are. I have lots of experience and skills, but zero certifications.

1 Like

Even though I hold certifications on BigFix, I do agree with you. Certifications cannot evaluate a persons skill. But the OP has stated you can still share the resume and he can schedule an interview.

1 Like

I never obtained any Bigfix certifications either, though I do have a relic MCSA (on Server 2003) and a current CISSP that I’ll probably let expire instead of paying the renewal in a few months because it isn’t really dling much for me.

3 Likes

Yeah the Certs aren’t a hard requirement at this point, although they are preferred. It seems like in the BigFix community they don’t carry as much weight.

It seems to me like the BigFix market is pretty narrow, both in terms of available postings and available personnel.

If I was looking to add someone to the BigFix team in my company, I would most likely be looking at anyone who applied just through necessity.

As for the certs; it doesn’t help that the industry certifications are both a) relatively new, b) not extremely up to date, and c) relatively basic in terms of what they cover.

I had worked on BigFix for several years by the time I went and got my Foundation cert, and judging by the questions on the test I would honestly have been ashamed if I didn’t pass it. Just my 2 cents.

3 Likes

Is this still open or something similar?