Issues with reporting groups and Power Consumption report

(imported topic written by mvm-upenn91)

So I’m running into some problems with the Power Consumption Over Time web report. When I view the default report grouping policy (All Computers), I see the data just fine. I created a custom grouping based on Subscribed Sites for about 20 separate sites (each for a different org that I support). Now, when I try to view the report based on the Subscribed Sites group, however, the number of computers for each site is zero the power consumption is a flat line at zero, even if I choose just one of the sites to view.

I’m really at a loss here, and I’ve confirmed that the correct computers are indeed subscribed to the correct sites. Anyone have an idea as to what I can try to fix this and start getting the data we need?

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

I’m guessing you created the groups using the “Configure Historical Reporting Groups” wizard. How long has it been since you created the groups? You will only see data going forward; the platform has no way of retrieving historical power data for newly created groups since data for the individual computers does not exist.