Issue using the API

I am not sure why I am getting this error when trying to use the Rest API. I am just trying to get the status of a fixlet by running https://server_name:52311/api/action/224488/status. Below is the error I am getting after logging in when prompted for login creds:

login attempts exceeded

I have never seen this before and used the API a million time. Not much I can find online so was hoping someone can point me in the right direction? I am a master operator and login to the console just fine.

I fixed it… No need to reply.

1 Like

OK I thought I fixed it and it worked once and now getting the same error. Not sure why this is happening all of a sudden. Might need help after all.

This error would indicate that there were a bunch of authentication attempts for that user with the wrong password. It could be that there is some other REST client using maybe old login credentials repeatedly.

You can check the server_audit.log file at %PROGRAM FILES%\BigFix Enterprise\BES Server\server_audit.log ( Windows ) or /var/opt/BESServer/server_audit.log (Linux ) to see details of the failed login attempts, that hopefully help identify what is going on.