Issue running a .vbs with arguments from an action script

(imported topic written by tigger0191)

Here’s what I’ve been working on:

wait “{pathname of system folder}\cscript.exe” “{((pathname of client folder of current site) & “__Download\Win-32bit\opc_inst.vbs -srv server1.mycompany.com -cert_srv Server2.mycompany.com”)}”

Which is translated by the client like this:

“C:\WINDOWS\system32\cscript.exe” "C:\Program

Files\BigFix Enterprise\BES Client__BESData\CustomSite_MyCompany_Content__Downlo

ad\Win-32bit\opc_inst.vbs -srv server1.mycompany.com -cert_srv Server2.mycompany.com"

And produces this: Input Error: There is no script engine for file extension “.org”.

I need to situate the close quote after …vbs like this (which works when I run it manually):

“C:\WINDOWS\system32\cscript.exe” "C:\Program

Files\BigFix Enterprise\BES Client__BESData\CustomSite_MyCompany_Content__Downlo

ad\Win-32bit\opc_inst.vbs" -srv server1.mycompany.com -cert_srv Server2.mycompany.com

I’ve tried several ways of moving around the parentheses and braces but have not made this work yet. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

(imported comment written by MattBoyd)

I think it’s the position of the quotes. Give this a try:

wait “{pathname of system folder}\cscript.exe” “{(pathname of client folder of current site) & “__Download\Win-32bit\opc_inst.vbs”}” -srv server1.mycompany.com -cert_srv Server2.mycompany.com

(imported comment written by tigger0191)

Boyd, that worked wonderfully. Thanks for your help.