Issue building package for IBM I-Access Application Package Utilities

I was trying to build a windows package for IBM I-Access Application Package.
it seemed to build fine, but when I deployed it, it would not install.
In the end this was the issue, IBM has a whole folder structure to that install, because of this, I did a folder upload.
This did not give any warnings about the folder path length when it was exceeded. Anyway the problem was with IBM’s nested sub folders plus the server name and share I was uploading the folder from, it exceeded the 256 characters path length that windows allows, because of this Bigfix on the upload or the download turned any files that were past the 256 character path length into folders, so when the install started it could not find the files it needed and bombed out.
So the fix for this was to shorten the path when doing the folder upload when building the package.

yes this has been submitted to HCL as an enhancement request, to put a warning on the folder upload if the path exceeds 256 characters, but HCL may take a while to get to it, so hopefully this helps someone with this package, or similar install that has nested sub folders as its install.

1 Like

While you wait for the enhancement, you can manually tweak the Fixlet to move the compressed structure to a more shallow spot, like “c:\temp” before extracting and running the install. I have used this workaround before a couple of times.