Is there any reporting available on patching history

(imported topic written by jdaly)

We are currently using bigfix for windows and third party patching. Today my manager requested some information on the amount of patches that we apply monthly. I was wondering if bigifx has any built in reporting or trending of number of patches needed/installed over a certain amount of time.

I am looking for this same thing. Would love to see a history chart of patches installed over time. When researching this I came across a query that I could run against devices in WebUI. Exporting to CSV allowed me to get what I wanted.

((if (exists property "HotFixID" of it) then (string value of property "HotFixID" of it) else ("")), (if (exists property "InstalledOn" of it) then ((if (exists hexadecimal integer (it)) then (((month of it as integer as string&"/"& day_of_month of it as integer as string&"/"&year of it as string) of ((january 1 of 1601)+((hexadecimal integer (it)/(864000000000))*day))) of it) else (it)) of string value of property "InstalledOn" of it) else ("")), (if (exists property "Description" of it) then (string value of property "Description" of it) else (""))) of select objects "* from Win32_QuickFixEngineering" of WMI

1 Like