Is there a way using an API to globally hide a fixlet?

Is there a way using the Platform API, or the REST API, or some other method to programmatically globally hide fixlets?

I’d like to be able to automatically hide the following: http://bigfix.me/relevance/details/2999700

names of it whose(0 = open action count of it) of bes fixlets whose(name of it contains " (Superseded)" AND fixlet flag of it AND globally visible flag of it AND not custom flag of it AND (0 = applicable computer count of it))

I don’t think there’s a way with APIs right now to currently do this, but I’ve filed a bug internally to track this issue (65962).

1 Like

You can put an entry in the FIXLETS_VISIBILITY table for each ID you want to hide. Set IsVisible to 0 and it will be globally hidden.

1 Like

This requires writing to the DB directly, which is not ideal.

I currently have a scenario where we need to update fixlet visibility in bulk.
I couldn’t find a way to do this using rest api. Looks like updating the database (not ideal though) is the only way to achieve this.

I was wondering if this capability has been added of if anyone had any insight into this? We would really like to be able to globally hide/unhide fixlets programmatically if possible.

1 Like

This is still not added. I had raised an HCL idea for same but it was moved to not implement. We are currently doing this in our environment by direct database updates.

1 Like