Is there a way to view if a fixlet is a member of a baseline?

(imported topic written by ktm_200091)

I’m having a bear of a time converting over to big fix specifically with trying to get baselines setup with patches which I had previously released in WSUS.

I’ve been trying to work with this framework:

1. a baseline of windows patches released prior to installing big fix - not including office patches that may reboot pcs

2. a baseline of office patches release prior to big fix

3. Monthly baselines which include patches released since Big fix was installed.

Since PCs tend to hide and can return to the network at random times, I continue to see relevant fixlets and they always seem to vary. I’d like to see a view of all fixlets (relevant or not) and a baseline which they are assocaited.

Is there a way to see this info? I’ve searched the management console to no avail and can’t seem to find a way to write a report

(imported comment written by BenKus)

Hey ktm,

Yea that is tricky… I can’t think of an easy way to see all Fixlets with their baselines (we do have all Baselines and their Fixlets)…

Maybe this will help… Use the presentation debugger (http://support.bigfix.com/cgi-bin/kbdirect.pl?id=508) to see these queries:

• Each Fixlet and the number of baselines the Fixlet is in (use the HTML option):

table of concatenation of ((trs of (td of (html(it) & td of ((multiplicity of it -1 )as string)))) of unique values of (it as string) of links of (bes fixlets whose (fixlet flag of it);source fixlets whose (fixlet flag of it) of components of component groups of bes fixlets whose (baseline flag of it)))

You can probably copy/paste that into Excel… You can also click on the Fixlets to open them in the console.

Ben

(imported comment written by ktm_200091)

Hi Ben,

I’ve taken the steps that you have outlined but it is still pretty unfriendly. How does one get a product enhancement? There have to be others that are having the same issue of managing actions and baselines.

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

I concur with KTM_2000. It would be really useful if each fixlet and task would have another tab showing whether it was part of one or more baselines. It would also show whether it was in sync with those baselines (much like baselines indicate if their members are in sync). With a bunch of baselines containing hundreds of custom tasks, this capability would be very useful when tracking updates.

Closely related is another wish list item. Fixlet/Task/Analysis/Baseline revision history with who changed what and when would also be a good product enhancement. (Similar to MS Word where you see the original, then any color-coded edits denoting who made the change and when.)

I will add this as a feature enhancement request…

Ben

If you are using this with the Excel Connector, you can try this session relevance:

((it as string,(multiplicity of it -1 )as string) of unique values whose (multiplicity of it > 1) of (it as string) of names of (bes fixlets whose (fixlet flag of it);source fixlets whose (fixlet flag of it) of components of component groups of bes fixlets whose (baseline flag of it)))

Ben

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

Hi Ben,

How to change this session relevance to have only Fixlets without baselines?

I’ve tried “…not(baseline flag of it)…” but it doesn’t work.

Regards,

Dmytro

How about this? (using set operators seems an easier path than what I made before)…

names of elements of (set of (bes fixlets whose (fixlet flag of it)) - set of source fixlets whose (fixlet flag of it) of components of component groups of bes fixlets whose (baseline flag of it))

Ben

hey ben
i saw this relevance and it was very good for me:slight_smile:

“names of elements of (set of (bes fixlets whose (fixlet flag of it)) - set of source fixlets whose (fixlet flag of it) of components of component groups of bes fixlets whose (baseline flag of it))”

do you have please an idea how to get in what specific baseline i have a specipic fixlet??

@BenKus