Is there a way to allocate a specific amount of RAM for the console to use? Maybe a registry setting or a command line switch?

Is there a way to allocate a specific amount of RAM for the console to use? Maybe a registry setting or a command line switch? I’ve looked through past posts and it just says to add more RAM. This system has 64GB. Other than stopping old actions, is there anything we can do to stop the “Not Responding” state?

Are you certain it is a memory limitation? Network congestion/issues will also contribute to the Console becoming non-responsive. Does a reboot help? Is there competition for system resources? Perhaps the anti-malware software is causing a conflict.

1 Like

My Man! Good to hear from you. Consoles are hosted on jump servers. Processor doesn’t seem to be an issue. When the console is loaded it sits at about 6.5GB memory for me. Not sure about the malware and security tools impact. Might just be the speed at which the gears grind in the thick client.

Nice to see you out and about again, also. The problem with jump servers in general is the resource conention by the Virtual Desktops. How many users are logged in at the same time?

Not sure on concurrent users but there’s over 1000 operators. PM me and I can provide a little more info.