Is 7-Zip required in Bigfix OSD

Hi,

I’m wondering if 7-Zip is required to be installed in my BigFix OSD server. I noticed it was automatically got installed when I installed the OSD components in my server.

Follow up question.

If 7-zip is required, is it ok if I update the 7-zip to the latest version?

antonioe, if you are trying to update I dont think there will be a problem if you update the application. As if is required. I dont recall seeing it after teh server was set up. but then again. it has been a while since I did the server install.

7-zip is indeed required but once the application is installed (by any means) it is called by the following actionscript … which is not version dependent. So as long as the actionscript “finds” 7-zip when called, I would imagine it will all work fine regardless of version. Worst case scenario is that it does not work and you just uninstall 7-zip and re-install it using the OSD setup content.

wait “{(if (exists key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\7-Zip” whose (exists value “Path” of it) of x32 registry) then (value “Path” of key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\7-Zip” of x32 registry) else (value “Path” of keys “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\7-Zip” of x64 registry)) as string}7z.exe”

Thank you both for your reply. I will upgrade -zip and give it a try.

It would be nice if the default content was kept up to date with 7zip. The OSD version is currently 9 major versions out of date (18.01 vs. 9.2) or 7+ years if you want to go by the release date.