IP Range Relevance

I have a software deploy that I would like to include a relevance statement that only includes servers in a particular IP range (Class C). Right now it is just by OS so it will show up any server that matches the OS. I don’t want someone accidentally pushing the Rapid 7 agent to a server that is not in the DMZ.

I would believe that this can be done but have not seen an example yet on the forum to go by.

Thanks for the help in advance

I would probably use the Location Property Wizard to map an IP Range to a custom property like “Network_Name”, and then use those values to target your fixlet. That has the flexibility of being able to add or modify the network definitions later, and not have to modify your fixlets.

Otherwise, as this is a class-c network, it conveniently fits the format of a “version”, so I’ve seen that used in relevance, as in

Exists addresses whose (it as string as version = version "192.168.1") of adapters of network

For more complex network definitions, this is the subject of a Challenge from a few weeks ago (comparing an IP address to any CIDR subnet definition) at [Answers Posted] Relevance Challenge - IP Address is in which Subnet - February 2020 (but the solutions there are very complex so far).

1 Like

Thanks Jason, I will try this out