iOS TEM App Store Recommended App Icons

(imported topic written by Ivan.FPL)

All of the apps I’ve imported into TEM and installed on devices show icons when installed, but not all show icons in the TEM App Store. Likewise, in the TEM console > Recommended Apps-iOS dashboard, I only have one app showing its icon in the edit dialog.

1. What is the file and requirements (resolution, max file size, format, etc.) that TEM is looking for to display the icon in its store and in the console?

2. On topic of recommended apps, can a device only display a single “Recommended Apps” list?

(imported comment written by BenKus)

Hi Ivan,

1. I think we saw an issue with the icons not working when you imported them on a Windows XP computer. Does that sound like it could be related? If so, you can fix it by downloading the

Windows 2003 Admin pack

to you WinXP computer (the admin pack adds a missing library to XP that we use to extract the icon file).

1. Currently there is only one Recommended App list.

Ben

(imported comment written by Ivan.FPL)

I have the console running in Citrix which is running Win7 as the OS. I also have the console installed on the TEM server which runs Win2008R2. I uploaded a few apps from the console on the server, and I then uploaded the rest via the console in Citrix. The blanks icons are apparent from either method of upload. I believe there’s about 4 icons per app at varying resolutions for the different iOS devices. Is TEM looking for a specific one?

These are custom apps? or apps from the app store?

Ben

These are all custom apps developed in-house. I confirmed with one of our developers that they all have both regular and retina iPhone icons.

Any updates on this?

Hi Ivan,

I checked with our developer and he said that the icon will only show up if it is specified in the Info.plist of the IPA. If their custom app specifies it, it should show up.

If that doesn’t help, maybe we can take a look at the ipa file with you and see if we can spot the issue.

Ben

One of our internal developers sent me an updated ipa with the requested plist values changed, but it still isn’t showing the icon. Apart from this, I recently imported several apps from the Apple App Store and none of them are showing the icon in the TEM App Store list. I imported the following apps:

Adobe Reader - http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id469337564

Weather Underground - http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id486154808

PocketCloud Remote Desktop - http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id398798399

Obviously, we have no control over the icons in those Apple App Store ipa files. We currently have 17 total apps in TEM, of which only 7 have an icon. What needs to be done to display icons for these apps?

Hey Ivan,

I just tried it on my deployment and it is working… See attached screenshot…

I bet there is something wrong with the utility that we use to do the icon extraction on your system… I recommend starting a support case and we can look at the details with you…

Ben