Inventory - Configure view

Hi

I’m very new to Inventory and I need to find all devices that have any of 10 different applications installed.
These applications are not allowed in our company and I need to make sure if they are installed or .exe are in place, that we can get a report so we can take the steps needed to remove them and contact HR.

I’ve had some success with Software classification, I can find all devices that have any one of the software installed or executable on a hard drive by configuring view that filters:

ANY OF…
Component Name = Contains = NameofSoftwareorExecutable1
Component Name = Contains = NameofSoftwareorExecutable2
Component Name = Contains = NameofSoftwareorExecutable3

But I need to be able to limit the result to a computer group
This where I have problems, if I add name of group, I will get all software in computers in that group

ANY OF…
Component Name = Contains = NameofSoftwareorExecutable1
Component Name = Contains = NameofSoftwareorExecutable2
Component Name = Contains = NameofSoftwareorExecutable3
Computer Groups = in set = NameofGroup

I understand why I’m getting all the software since its ANY OF…

My question is, how can I set a report up so I can see just devices that belong to a specific group AND have any of the specfic software installed?

With regards

Yes, you can. The trick to notice is that at the very bottom of a Filters criteria there are options for “All of…” and “Any of…”

So at the top-level of the report, select “Specify the report filter which matches all of the following conditions”, then have one condition for “Computer Groups” or “Data Source Groups” and another for “Any Of - Component Name” with several different Component Name filters beneath…

2 Likes

@JasonWalker yet again you have helped, this solved the issue for me.
Thank you very much, it’s much appreciated

1 Like