Internet access on BES Platform server and OS Deployment Server

Hi,

Is it required to have full internet access on both the BigFix platform server and OS Deployment server to accomplish OS Deployment successfully?

@JasonWalker, @vtripodi… need your response on this.

Thanks

No,no internet access is required for either one. There’s a manual download required for OSD. I don’t recall the URL but it’s in the user guide, search for Airgap or Internet.

What I meant was, for successful deployment of profiles on to targets, is it necessary to have internet access on both the servers?

The reason why I’m asking is when we have limited internet access on both the servers and no drivers are uploaded into Driver Library dashboard, most of the time the deployment got stuck saying Waiting for the server to unblock the targets, but with full internet access with having no drivers in the Driver Library the deployment gets successful every time. So, I’m unable to trace what actually causing the issue.

The BigFix Server needs internet access. A common solution is to set up the server to use a proxy.
If you need to install the Server in an isolated network, you can use the air-gap configuration as suggested by Jason (the doc page should be this https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSQL82_9.5.0/com.ibm.bigfix.doc/Platform/Config/c_airgap_tool_overview_new.html)
Specific for OSD: several files are downloaded from software.bigfix.com; moreover, consider that the MDT Bundle creator machine requires internet acceess to download the necessary tools.

OSD does not download drivers from the internet on the fly…

@vtripodi, All the public IBM sites required for BigFix including software.bigfix.com are already allowed when we have limited internet access on BigFix server but still, the deployment gets failed. For clarification, does BigFix server or OSD server download anything from the internet at the time of profile deployment?

If software.bigfix.com is accessible by the server, I would say that no further files are needed at deployment time.

If so, then is it something with the lack of drivers which causing the deployment to fail?

In my opinion the deployment failure does not depend from internet access. Please open a case to OSD support providing the deployment logs.