Integrate ILMT 9.2 with Bigfix 9.5

Hi
How do I integrate existing setup of ILMT9.2 with a newly Installed BigFix 9.5

Hi gtk,

You have two options:

1. Maintain two separate BigFix infrastructures

I would recommend that they are both kept at the same release level (both at 9.5.5, for instance). You can find the documentation for connecting your current License Metric Tool server to the new BigFix infrastructure here:

Managing multiple data sources

Computers in an organization can be divided into organizational units and monitored by multiple BigFix infrastructures. Each such an infrastructure is referred to as a data source. Data from multiple data sources can be imported to one instance of License Metric Tool.

This approach is useful if your new BigFix product license capacity won’t encompass the original clients.

1. Merge the two BigFix infrastructures. This approach is more complicated and is, in effect, like starting over. You’ll need to switch the mastheads on the original clients to point to the new masthead. You can then either install a new LMT server or point your existing LMT server to the new BigFix Server (data source), and remove the original BigFix Server (data source).

In either case, I recommend creating an audit report from your existing LMT server before you start the merger process. Also, be aware that that you’ll need to properly classify all your software products again.

How do I migrate clients to a new server that uses a different masthead?

You will need to distribute the masthead for the new server to the clients currently using the old server. This is often referred to as performing a “masthead switch”.

As the technote says, this is a complex process, so be certain that the long term gains are worth the effort required to migrate the original clients to the new BigFix infrastructure.