Installing WebUI on a secondary BigFix server

I am attempting to install the WebUI on a secondary BigFix server. The WebUI is already installed and working on the primary, and I can install the WebUI successfully on the secondary BigFix Server. I am using DSA and when I failover the WebUI stops working on the secondary server because it’s pointing back to the primary.

I have tried to change the _WebUIAppEnv_PLATFORM_HOST setting that is documented in the Knowledge Center, but when I do that I get an SSL certificate error. “Thu, 08 Nov 2018 08:23:59 -0500 – [WebUI] Failed to retrieve all sites info from Root Server: HTTP Error 60: Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with given CA certificates: SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details:
error:14090086:SSL routines:ssl3_get_server_certificate:certificate verify failed”

How can I get the WebUI for each BigFix server to point to its own database? That way, when a failover occurs, the WebUI would not be affected.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hey sorry I didn’t see this for a while… but generally installing two WebUI instances with an actual DSA instances isn’t officially supported. Like there’s behavior between the two of them that needs to be coordinated (like WebUI needs to coordinate writing to specific WebUI tables between the two instances and we don’t do that at all right now).

If you’re ok with maybe potentially inconsistent behavior between WebUI instances, when failover happens, I think from a console pointed at the secondary root server, you can reinstall the WebUI to point at the secondary (you can’t just change _WebUIAppEnv_PLATFORM_HOST as certificate stuff will cause your instance to die as you already found out).

Again sorry for the late response, but lemme know if you need more guidance.

-Dex