Installing MSI file with parameters

Hello:

I’m trying to install HP records manager with parameters. I’m able to install it via command line without issue, but when I try to add the same parameters within Tivoli, the quotations for the parameters seem to be confusing Tivoli. I have the paramter=“value” and the parameter should show in black and the value in “red”. However, along the line of parameters and values being passed along, the sequence is not going through.

Please see the example below:
wait "{pathname of system folder & "\msiexec.exe"}" /i "{(pathname of client folder of current site) & "\__Download\HPE_RM_x86.msi"}" /q INSTALLDIR="C:\Program Files\Hewlett Packard Entperise\Records Manager\" ADDLOCAL=HPTRIM,Client DEFAULTDBNAME="Test HPE RM" DEFAULTDB="TT" STARTMENU_NAME="HPE Records Manager" TRIM_DSK="1" TRIMREF="DSK" PRIMARYURL="itgbhprmapptest:1137" AUTOGG="1" WORD_ON="0" EXCEL_ON="0" POWERPOINT_ON="0" PROJECT_ON="0" OUTLOOK_ON="1" AUTHMECH="0"

In the above script, the portion of INSTALLDIR="C:\Program Files\Hewlett Packard Entperise\Records Manager\" shows fine, however the following parameter of ADDLOCAL=HPTRIM,Client seems to throw it off. If I add a space at the end of INSTALLDIR="C:\Program Files\Hewlett Packard Entperise\Records Manager " the rest of the values seem to become color coordinated that Tivoli can understand, however the install does not work as planned with the variables.

Any help would be much appreciated,

Matt

Hi,

I would advise that instead of doing like that, use .bat file to proceed with the installation. It would be more easier.

Thanks

Thanks Neera, but batch files really isn’t an option. I’ve managed to get the parameters correct on the install.

Thanks though,

Matt

Hi @mabachew,

What parameters did you change I am having a very similar issue.