Installing Microsoft Edge

I have looked through the forum and can’t find anything about it. We are trying to deploy Microsoft Ege. When I run the command through the command prompt on my test pc with the switches it works but when ran through Bigfix I get an exit code 1622 and in the error log it states.

Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected.

I do not know where I went wrong in the Bigfix script.

waithidden “{pathname of system folder & “\msiexec.exe”}” /i “{(pathname of client folder of current site) & “__Download\MicrosoftEdgeEnt80.0.361.66.msi”}” /qn /norestart /L* “C:\Windows\Logs\Edge.log”

I have also tried

override wait
hidden=true
RunAs=CurrentUser
wait “{pathname of system folder & “\msiexec.exe”}” /i “{(pathname of client folder of current site) & “__Download\MicrosoftEdgeEnt80.0.361.66.msi”}” /qn /norestart /L* “C:\Windows\Logs\Edge.log”

Any ideas?

Never mind, the issue was on my end.

Can you elaborate on what you did to fix it? This may be helpful for others…

I pulled it back into Bigfix again and it worked. I used the same action script so I really do not know what happened. I am assuming that the issue was something on my end.

This is the action script I used.
waithidden “{pathname of system folder & “\msiexec.exe”}” /i “{(pathname of client folder of current site) & “__Download\MicrosoftEdgeEnt80.0.361.66.msi”}” /qn /norestart /L* “C:\Windows\Logs\Edge.log”

1 Like