Installing BES Console on system other then BigFix Server

(imported topic written by JesseR91)

I am trying to install the BES Console on my laptop but get the following error when I try to connect to the database.

Database error: The database being connect to has a database version of ‘Enterprise 1.56’, and this version of the console requires a database version of ‘Enterprise 1.58’.

Has anybody encountered this issue?

Jesse

(imported comment written by BenKus)

Hi JesseR,

That error indicates that the BES Console version is different from the BES Server version. Is your BES Console at version 6.0 and your BES Server is at version 5.1?

Also, there is a chance that you are connecting to the wrong database. If you are using NT Authentication for your ODBC setting, you need to make sure that the default database in your ODBC settings is set to “BFEnterprise”.

Ben

(imported comment written by JesseR91)

Is there a way to check the version of the Bes Server? I will check the ODBC. Thanks Ben.

Ben it shows that the BES Server is at version BES Server Version 6.0.15.07. This should be fine right?

Well the ODBC was trying to connect to the BES Server but not the SQL Box where the database is. Now I am getting a different error. It says ‘Database error: The version of the database being connected to is not compatible with this version of the console.’

I don’t understand. I am using the BES Console installer thats in the root drive where the BES Server is installed.

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

Jesse,

Most likely the DSN you are using for the BES Console is not going to the correct BES Server. The BES Console will use the bes_bfenterprise DSN by default. If the host is set to be a hostname or dns alias you should try pinging it and verify that the IP Address resolves to the correct server. You may have a hosts file override that is pointing you to the wrong server. You should try putting the IP address in the DSN and see if that helps.

thanks for the response. I am actually using the IP address in the DSN thats pointing to the database server. This is why I am confused :stuck_out_tongue:

2 posts were split to a new topic: Console with HTTP Error 28 timeout