Installing agent to computer with "installed" status

Hi, I use CDT to deploy the agents. The status of targets are installed. I think they already have ILMT agents.

Can I still use CDT to install or replace the current agent with my BigFix agent or I should uninstall the current agent manually?

You should use the fixlets in the BES Support site.

Yes, I mean I use the fixlet. Is it possible to overwrite existing agent (probably ILMT agent) with my BigFix agent? Another way that I can do is remote to the target and install the agent manually. Should I use BESCleaner first to remove the existing agent and reboot the computer or just do the new installation? I

Oh, I think I misunderstood.
So you have two different Bigfix deployments, one was an ILMT and you need to move clients off that deployment onto a new one?

That operation is known as a “masthead switch”. You don’t actually need to uninstall or reinstall the client at all. What you would do is use the old deployment to send an action that switches the client’s masthead file to use the masthead for your new deployment. When it restarts the client, the client stops reporting to the old bigfix server and starts reporting to the new one.

I think there’s a masthead switch task in the BES Support site, with instructions for how to load the new deployment’s masthead file. Let me know if it’s not there and I’ll find the instructions.

I don’t have the access to old bigfix server. So what is the best scenario to deploy the new agent with new masthead?

In that case, you’d need to either stop the agent and replace the actionsite.afxm in the client folder, or completely uninstall the client and reinstall (possibly with the Client Deployment Tool).