Installed Software not showing in BFI

I am not getting accurate report with BFI (Software Classification) Software Installed option where not showing full installed SW details information where as I am getting details information with Package Data report.

What steps I need perform to fetch details information report in (Software Classification) Software Installed.

BFI Version is 9.2.15.

Regards,
Shaban

Can you give an example? if you click on details, you will get details about how software was detected. Software installation path and version is also available.

@Shahban Please check the Data upload and Import Status. And you can wisely use the filters to get the details.

Package data report basically pulls the information from registry and hence it would be in-justice :stuck_out_tongue: if we compare both the report.
So, Please cross check below points

1. Software which is showing up in Package data report if it available in the catalog which you have uploaded in BigFix Inventory.
  2. If yes, Please cross check the status of Catalog based scan from analysis (Software Scan Status)

Above two steps would help you to narrow down the issue.

Regards,
Manish Singh

Suggested Points are valid that’s already all go through (Import status,filter, catalog base scan) but still not getting accurate report on SW installation option.

Also again re-run all BFI require task (Scan,upload,catalog, etc.) on respective machines but no luck.

We have couple of SQL version installed in our environment that’s version not reflecting in SW installed report.

Regards,
Shaban

Hi.
I was wondering whether there was a fix for this issue.

We are having the same issue in our environments. Various versions of MS SQL Server are not being confirmed by BFI even though:

1. Package Summary detects the software
  2. Installed Windows Applications finds a correct entry (as defined in the Signature for the product) in the Registry
  3. Scanned File Data detects the sqlservr.exe with correct version (as defined in the Signature for the product)
  4. Latest Software catalogue and BFI has been deployed
  5. Latest scanner and Scan tasks have been performed ( a few times), successfully

Still, the software installations only shows the software installed on some and NOT all endpoints where the Signature criteria is satisfied.

Any other insight into this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks,
-nb