installed patch information for all OS

We currently have this relevance where it lists which pates have already been installed on Windows level only.
But we need a relevance where it is shown for all OS. Can you help me with this?

((item 0 of it, ((it as date) of ( ((it as integer as string) of preceding text of last "/" of following text of first "/" of it ) &" "& (preceding text of first "/" of it as integer as month as three letters)&" "& (following text of last "/" of it as integer as string)) of item 1 of it), item 2 of it) of (((if (exists property "HotFixID" of it) then (string value of property "HotFixID" of it) else ("")), (if (exists property "InstalledOn" of it) then ((if (exists hexadecimal integer (it)) then (((month of it as integer as string&"/"& day_of_month of it as integer as string&"/"&year of it as string) of ((january 1 of 1601)+((hexadecimal integer (it)/(864000000000))*day))) of it) else (it)) of string value of property "InstalledOn" of it) else ("")), (if (exists property "Description" of it) then (string value of property "Description" of it) else (""))) of select objects "* from Win32_QuickFixEngineering" of WMI))

What does ā€œAll OSā€ mean to you?
The relevance will depend greatly on the OS list.

We have in our company Windows, RHEL, AIX, CentOS, Solaris, HP-UX & Ubuntu. Thats meanā€™s with all. :smiley:

Ok, so if you want to retrieve a list of installed packages for the various package managers of each operating systemā€¦thatā€™s probably a job for Inventory.

Ok, but I need this property in the Webreports as I want to have this data displayed there. Therefore I need a Relevance or not?

Yeah, you probably would need relevance in that case. Iā€™m not sure that thereā€™s a property reflecting OS patches for many of those distributions - and Iā€™m not sure whether the concept makes sense.

For RHEL, what would even be an ā€œinstalled OS Patchā€? Is it a list of every RPM package installed, or is there some criteria you would use to define a ā€œpatchā€ versus an ā€œinstalled packageā€? If every endpoint reports the thousands of installed RPM packages, your report (and more importantly the BFEnterprise database) could become quite huge quickly.

(Iā€™m not saying it canā€™t be done, I honestly donā€™t know)

Okay what do you think would be the best? We need a property which displays the installed patches for all deployed OS.

I would use the Inventory report for Installed Packages to show the RPM/DEB/etc. packages.
The size of the data just makes it untenable to do as Analysis Properties or Web Reports. Reporting of huge data sets like that is pretty much the whole reason for Inventory to exist as a standalone product.

1 Like

Checking my Inventory ā€˜Package Dataā€™ report for a single RHEL 8 server that doesnā€™t even have third-party software installed, I have 1,375 package results. I think Inventory is the way to go for that.

1 Like