Installation of ILMT in Test Environment

I am looking to Install/Configure ILMT in a test environment that currently has only about 10 endpoints reporting. This environment has off box dedicated SQL DB.

My question is, can I install ILMT on my root server and the same off box SQL instance or is it better to stand up 2 new VM’s for ILMT and another off box SQL server.

Trying to keep it simple since it will have very few endpoints subscribed to it as well as keep costs down.

Hi Andrew,

The short answer is yes…If it is a test environment with a low amount of endpoints < 200 go ahead and install ILMT on your BigFix root server and use the existing remote DB server.

If you have BigFix in place for your production environment and want to add ILMT to that, I would only be concerned if I have several endpoints and a heavily loaded BigFix root server.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

An All-in-One configuration of BigFix + ILMT is a common setup at customers that are installing ILMT to satisfy IBM’s Passport Advantage license agreement. BigFix won’t be used much beyond the keeping the data flowing for ILMT to consume, leaving most of the resources for the analytics server and database management system.

1 Like

Agreed with all of the above. This is how I set up ILMT in my T& D environment…all in one with a limited number of clients reporting in.

Prod, I set up up separately. Currently in the process of migrating to my prod ILMT environment.