Install relay on Windows 10 build 1803

Hey, i am trying to install Bigfix Relay on a dedicated Windows 10 machine, build 1803 but it doesn’t appear on the “applicable” systems for task ID 2587.
here is where it gets weird.
i was going through the relevance clauses, one by one, in QnA, and it failed on

version of client = “9.5.3”
in QnA it shows:

q: version of client
A: 9.5.7.90

however, when i go to the client besclient.exe file and see its details, it says “9.5.3”:

can anyone point me in the right direction?

update: "version of regapp “besclient.exe” gives the correct version (9.5.3)

How was the Fixlet Debugger set to evalute? In the top menu it’s “Debug -> Evaluate Using”…
It defaults to “Local Fixlet Debugger Evaluator” and can be changed to “Local Client Evaluator”

In “Local Fixlet Debugger Evaluator” mode it is much faster, and does not talk to the installed local client. In fact I use this mode frequently at home, where I don’t have the BES Client installed at all. So “version of client” is reporting the version of the Fixlet Debugger, not the version of the installed local client.

The Fixlet Debugger (of many different versions) can be downloaded separately, or (more likely) you’re using the copy that came with your BES Console installation. That will match the version of the BES Console, but not necessarily the version of your local client installation.

If you change the evaluation mode to “Local Client Evaluator”, it actually sends the queries to the local installed client and should report the correct version (as well as taking much longer to evaluate, as the local client’s CPU throttling will be in effect).

edit: As an aside, this is why many “client-only” properties cannot evaluate in Local Fixlet Debugger Evaluator mode. For instance you can get an error with the following

q: name of registration server
E: No inspector context.

“No Inspector Context” indicates that’s not something the Fixlet Debugger Evaluator can figure out, only the locally-installed client has access to the “registration server” object. Switching the evaluator mode to “Local Client Evaluator” will get a correct result on this query.

when usign local client evaluation i get 9.5.3.211 but still the computer does not come up as relevant.

Check each clause in “local client evaluator mode” and see which comes up False.

I don’t have a console handy, but if I recall correctly one of the clauses might be “not pending restart” which sometimes gets me when I expected something to be relevant.

Hi,

the relevance for tasks 2587 (install relay 9.5.3) until task 3237 (install relay 9.5.8) clearly indicates the following relevance:

((windows of it) AND (major version of it >= 6) AND (major version of it <= 10) AND (platform id of it != 3) AND (embedded nt bit(suite mask of it) = false)) of operating system AND (not exists value “ReleaseID” whose (it as string >= “1709”) of key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion” of native registry)

our mainstream Windows 10 build is 1803, does anyone know what is the reason for this limitation? i cant install a Relay on these machines…

thanks.