Install BigFix and ILMT using Azure SQL

Hi

Is it supported or possible to install BigFix and ILMT using Azure SQL instead of using a dedicated SQL server.
In other words just access to database instances insted of a dedicated server running SQL server.
I’m not able to find any documentation regarding this topic.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Tommy

Possibly possible, very unlikely to be supportable.

I know customers using Amazon’s RDS database service have been unable to run BES Server platform upgrades because they are unable to obtain the db_owner role necessary during the database/schema upgrade.

Thanks for your feedback. Much appreciated.

Maybe I should create a pmr to get an “official statement” if this is supported or not.
I assume probably not.

Regards
Tommy

Hello Tommy / Jason,

Did you get any official statement if this is supported or not ?

Regards,
Divya

Sure, the official statement is in the “Supported Platforms” and “Supported Databases” section of the system requirements. Amazon RDS is not a supported platform for the database.

Hello Jason,

Thank you for your quick response. So i assume that azure SQL is also not supported platform for the database as i do not find that in “supported database” section of system requirement.

Correct me if i am wrong.

Regards,
Divya

Great feedback. Thanks :slight_smile:

Agree, I also assume that azure sql is not supported. I tried to open a ticket to get an “official statement”, but they only referred to the documentation.

Tommy

1 Like

Unfortunately no. All I got was a reference to the documentation. All I wanted was only a simplel yes or no.
So for me this is still a bit unclear.

Regards
Tommy