Inspector Interrupted on Last patch date

Hi All,

Please suggest to remediate the status error “Inspector Interrupted” on the last patch date for Windows 2016 servers. Ty

This just means that the code executed for too long and in the meantime it received something else more urgent, so had to suspend the evaluation. If you are sure that your code is optimized it may just mean that you need to give it a few more frequencies worth of time for the agent to actually get the evaluation done without interruption. If this doesn’t work, you may need to look at the individual machine - does it have enough resources; can you increase the max CPU the client uses on it, so it can complete the evaluation faster; etc.

1 Like

I believe this is a safety feature in the agent and if a property takes longer than 10 seconds (as least I believe its 10 seconds) to process, the agent will abort the evaluation so it can proceed with its other operations of evaluating fixlets, other properties etc etc.

If an expression take 10 seconds to process, I would suggest that is an indicator that isn’t suitable to use as a property but it could also be that its an isolated situation on a small subset of endpoints. Without knowing the expression you are using to extract the last patch date its hard to advise. WMI queries can be time intensive and its recommended to keep WMI based properties to a absolute minimum.

1 Like