Initiate Software Scan on Win10 (1809) fails - new

There is another post with similar title that has a solution:
toggle _BESClient_UsageManager_EnableAppUsageSummaryPath from 1 to 0 to 1

On my sandbox - this is not working.

About my sandbox - I run BigFix on CentOS - not RHEL, and that won’t let me update to the latest BFI (9.2.16).

The BigFix Server and Agent are at 9.5.14.73; Scanner version is 9.2.17.0000

What I see in the LogFile is:

Command succeeded createfile until    (action:4391)
   Command succeeded move __createfile "C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Client\LMT\CIT\checkBZIP2Status.bat" (action:4391)
   Command started - waithidden "C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Client\LMT\CIT\checkBZIP2Status.bat" "C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Client\LMT\CIT" "C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Client\LMT\CIT" (action:4391)

Command succeeded (Exit Code=-1073741502) waithidden "C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Client\LMT\CIT\checkBZIP2Status.bat" "C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Client\LMT\CIT" "C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Client\LMT\CIT" (action:4391)
   Command succeeded (evaluated false) continue if {exit code of action = 0} (action:4391)
At 14:23:40 +0100 -
   ActionLogMessage: (action:4391) ending action
At 14:24:11 +0100 -
   Encrypted Report posted successfully

When I run the command in cmd.exe:
a) I need to start a sub-shell (cmd.exe), or it closes the window after the command, so the return status I see is actually the return of the sub-shell. That value is zero - the real-return value seems to be “lost” - perhaps the large negative number is ‘accurate’

b) when I run the same command in the PowerShell I get the following output:

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> "C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Client\LMT\CIT\checkBZIP2Status.bat" "C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Client\LMT\CIT" "C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Client\LMT\CIT"
At line:1 char:84
+ ... Status.bat" "C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Client\LMT\ ...
+                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unexpected token '"C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Client\LMT\CIT"' in expression or statement.
At line:1 char:146
+ ... nt\LMT\CIT" "C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Client\LMT\ ...
+                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unexpected token '"C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Client\LMT\CIT"' in expression or statement.
    + CategoryInfo          : ParserError: (:) [], ParentContainsErrorRecordException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : UnexpectedToken

Hope this helps - and hope even more that someone has an idea.