Initiate software scan 10.0 Not Relevant

Hi, we have a problem where the Initiate Software Scan is not relevant in machines. So we took two win 10 machines with the besclient and installed the scanner but when we go to the fixlet to initiate the scan it says it’s not relevant to those machines. I ran the relevance analysis and it is failing on relevance 4. How do I get past this error? We believe we have done everything right up to this point. Thanks.

Are you certain that deploying the scanner actually succeeded on these test machines? Check the log file at:
C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Client\LMT\CIT\installCITlog.txt

In the Initiate Software Scan task, Relevance 4 verifies that the value of the key CIT_Version is at least 2.7.0.2034. This key is found in the file:
C:\Windows\cit\cit.ini

Does this file exist on your test machines? It would have been created by the Install or Upgrade Scanner action.

After installing the BFI v10 scanner on my systems, the CIT_Version in this file is 9.2.18.0000.

Yes, that’s what I first thought as well. So I deleted the C:\Windows\cit folder and pushed the install again. It recreated the file with a version number 9.2.18.0000.

By the way the version of BFI we have is 9.2.14.0-20181211-2317.

Is the device still evaluating Initiate Software Scan (10.0.0.0) Relevance 4 as false?

We worked with a great tech from BigFix and found that the proxy exemption for BigFix server helped us push the Catalog and then the Initiate Software Scan fixlet worked as expected.

That’s good news!

The inability to download the catalog from the BFI server is a common problem in the early stages of BFI configuration.