Including "Computer Support" Content in WebUI

I want to create a Patch Policy if possible, that restarts any servers before patching starts (Specifically Restart Needed (flag in registry). This will be a separate patch policy, but I cannot figure out how to include this content. It is not considered Custom (at least it will not show up in custom) nor is it considered External. Any ideas if I can do this with a patch policy or is this a manual setup everything time I want to restart any server that has a restart flag in the registry in the BigFix Console.

Thanks

For it to be visible in the Custom section of the Patch Policy, you need to make sure the Fixlet has a default action and has been associated with the Patch Management domain.

If you’re working with a custom copy of the Restart Needed fixlet, you’ll need to export it and modify the <Action> tag to be a <DefaultAction>.

Set the domain to be Patch Management when you import the Fixlet XML.

Be sure and test this approach before you deploy it to anything career limiting… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! That did the trick

@roberteastman - Check out the latest WebUI updates. Patch policy now includes a pre- and post-patch action which would accommodate your need to reboot before patching.

2 Likes