In-Person BigFix HCL Events for 2024?

My company is preparing the budget related to in-person conferences/events/workshops for 2024 and I am interested in attending events related to BigFix since it has been at least 3 years there are no really official in-person events from HCL BigFix, I would like to know if there is something for this year and if we can receive such information here.

For other BigFixers, if there are not HCL BigFix events for this year, what other events would you be attending?

2 Likes

I have been hoping for another BigFix Masterclass.

2 Likes

A BigFix Masterclass would be highly appreciated, especially in europe to reduce travel costs.

1 Like

Hi @MatthiasW and @Jstev

We WILL be hosting live user group events this year!

As for Master Class: I think you’ll have a reply here shortly. Stay tuned!

3 Likes

Ohh goodo!! Save a place for me please!! :slight_smile:

We are looking into Master Class but have not determined any dates. We will keep everyone posted as soon as we have dates.

Has there been any update?
I’m really interested in attending any HCL BigFix events but with a lot of uncertainty and updates that never arrive I’m planning for other events outside of the BigFix world.

Heard, @fermt

For in person user groups we plan to host approximately a dozen over the next year, this would include Asia, Europe, and North America. Locations and dates will be announced soon. In HCL “the year” means March 2024 - February 2025.

I will provide some transparency since I know many folks have been wondering why the heck we haven’t just set up another Master Class.

We’re actively working to determine whether we’ll offer Master Class this year. The biggest challenge has been to validate a location where we can get the same or similar attendance as we could before the pandemic.

For context: Master Class has historically been a multi-day event - 3-4 days, typically bookended with a User Group and/or a Customer Advisory Board meeting.

The vast majority of our customers are still experiencing difficulty getting approval to travel.

When we look at the alternative of a regional or even metropolitan area of opportunity for a Master Class, we have a different challenge. In several US locations we are running in to a phenomenon where even someone who lives within what (pre pandemic) used to be a reasonable commute distance, a higher than expected percentage of that same demographic experiences difficulty to attend a multi day event (post pandemic).

The most common cited challenges in the USA include: no public transportation where they live and no available vehicle - e.g. spouse uses single vehicle to commute to work, conflicts with ability to bring child to from school and or extracurricular activities, issues securing child care and/or pet care, and more.

We haven’t given up. Kathy and I are partnered closely on this. We will offer an update on Master Class as soon as we have it.

And as mentioned earlier we are very confident in our ability to offer the regional single-day events.

3 Likes

I feel that workplace organizational tolerance for multi-day travel events (airfare + meals + hotel) has shifted tremendously. I wouldn’t say that physical travel is outright verboten, but folks are very cost sensitive. Remote options are more favorable.

More locally, I perceive a shift in personal tolerance for, well, out-of-norm hassle.

1 Like

That’s a much more elegant way to phrase it, @atlauren