Import SLES12/SLES12 SP2 Images

Hi your assistance would be much appreciated.

I have attempted to import SLES12 and SLES12 SP2 images on multiple occasions. Each time results are the same. The image upload never completes and the “green flag” continues to display in the Warnings column ( “file upload in progress”) of the Image Library GUI. The steps followed import an image are:

1. Import Image
  2. Installation Media (.ISO)
  3. Select ISO
  4. Analyze
  5. Image recognized/Ok
  6. Extracting Image…Wait
  7. After several minutes, “The image is now uploading in the background”

I have not found any information on tracking/debugging the issue. Is there a log file?

Good morning,
could you please check if the following technote http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21664811 may help?
Thanks

Hi Michele, thanks for the response. I followed the support doc, very useful for troubleshooting. The Upload Maintenance Service is not running and I don’t believe defined (I don’t find any services by that name). Is it normally installed/defined during OSD installation?
Thanks

Good morning, you can install UMS service exploiting the Health Check dashboard in OS Deployment and Bare Metal Imaging site. In case UMS is not installed, you should trigger installation directly from there. That screenshot displays the case where UMS is installed. I hope this helps, regards

Alternatively, you can check the applicability of Fixlet 9 in OS Deployment and Bare Metal Imaging Site; this fixlet installs the service on the BigFix server

Thanks Michele. That resolved the issue. Image imports are now marked complete!