Import Linux .iso

I’m getting the following error importing – SLE-12-SP2-Server-DVD-x86_64-GM-DVD1.iso. I assume SLES 12 SP2 is a supported image.
Please confirm what might have gone wrong

Have you validated the checksum of the SuSE ISO in question?

What error details are in the trace/log file identified in the message from the screenshot you included?

Have you tried using a CentOS ISO (or other Linux image) to test/validate your environment?

If none of the above provide resolution, you’ll need to open a PMR with IBM in order to dig into this issue further.

1 Like

Currently SLES 12 SP2 is not supported.
You can try the sles 12 ga version to see the Linux flow or do you need the SP2 in particular?

1 Like

Thanks for your response.
We can certainly test with older versions. But for OSD to be any value to us, it must support the standard versions of SLES and RedHat being installed at our organisation. Currently, that is SLES12 SP2 and Redhat 7.3.

Can you tell me:

1.   What versions of SLES and RedHat are currently supported?

2.   When can we expect support for the PepsiCo standard OS versions?

3.   In general, how long after an OS version is released does BigFix add support (both PepsiCo standard versions were released  almost a year ago)?

4.   Does the product have to be upgraded to add support for a new OS release?

Thanks in advance!!

Regards,
Manish Singh

@Manish,

For #1, you’ll want to check the BigFix Lifecycle OS Deployment documentation at https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/Tivoli%20Endpoint%20Manager/page/OS%20Deployment to determine what versions are currently supported. If not available there, then definitely open a PMR.

It may still be necessary to open a PMR in order to get answers to #2 and #3 above.

As for #4, it’s necessary to upgrade a BES component (i.e. OSD) to pickup support for new features/functionality.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Have you validated the checksum of theSuSE ISO in question?

Yes. MD5 matches between Linux and Windows servers.

What error details are in the trace/log file identified in the message from the screenshot you included?

I do not find %USERPROFILE%\OSDeployment folder.

Have you tried using a CentOS ISO (or other Linux image) to test/validate your environment?

I haven’t tried any other ISO yet. Can you tell me what OS versions are supported and I will compare that against other recent builds.

The %USERPROFILE%\OSDeployment folder is in the machine where you tried the import using the BigFix console.

Supported OS versions: https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SS63NW_9.5.0/com.ibm.bigfix.lifecycle.doc/Lifecycle/OSD_Users_Guide/c_system_requirements.html

1 Like