Import and Export of SUA Signatures in SUA 9.0.1.2 or later

If you are looking for the import and export signature feature in SUA and not finding it, you may need to upgrade. The import/export signature feature was added to the SUA 9.0.1.2 release that was released in December 2014.

If you are on SUA 9, there should be a fixlet to upgrade your SUA server to 9.0.1.2 (or later if you are reading this after March 2015) in your Endpoint Manager console under Systems Lifecycle and in the Software Use Analysis folder. As of now I believe that fixlet is in the Deploy SUA 9.x Server subfolder, but this location may be different in the future.

Jim, is there a way of automating the process of creating signature through package data?

because i find most of the applications/software in SUA with versions like 9.1,10.0 etc.,
But in package data i find software’s with versions like 9.1.1117.0, 10.0.1 etc., which is more accurate.

So, creating signature’s manually one by one will be a long process, so is there a way to automate it or do you have a plan of automating it in the future? I’m looking for a solution to this. Can you please help me…

Thank you,
Drg

At this time we don’t have an automated way to create signatures directly from package data. I would think this might be a difficult feature to implement since you would expect an automation to provide the proper publisher, software title, and release and that may not be discernible from just package data. At the moment I am not aware of any plan for doing any automation around package data.

What we do provide today, as you probably already know, is a way from the Package Data report to create a signature from entries in that report. It’s not an automation, but it can be a convenience.

1 Like

Thank Jim for clarifying me.