ILMT Signature File version

I was asked by our IBM rep onsite to validate the ILMT Signature Table and last refresh date when researching some pvu discrepancies. Where would that be found and how would I go about refreshing that?
There is an export option under Software Components>Signatures, but no import option.

We are running ILMT version, 9…2.15-20190322-1428

Thanks

If I’m understanding the question correctly, I think you just need to use the Software Catalog Update fixlet on the ILMT site in BigFix. That should grab the latest catalog (with the latest signature) and place it someone within ILMT’s folder structure. The catalog within ILMT will then be updated during the next data import.

Thanks Jimmy. I have never updated the catalog via fixlet, only bumped the entire ILMT version. Looks like the DEC 2019 fixlet upgrades the catalog version to 9.2.16.2. I will run that and test after the import tonight.

You may also need to perform a Metric Table Upload. Go to Management: Metric Table Upload. Check the Upload and Import History to determine if you need to get the latest table from IBM.

You can download it here: https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/pvu-table-sha-256-2019-12-05-ibm-license-metric-tool-9x

Browse for the file you just downloaded and click the Upload button. On the next Import, the LMT Server will automatically process the PVU data.

Looks like my current PVU table was dated 9/2018. Uploading the newest now.
Thanks

That’s interesting. I thought the catalog downloads would include the metric tables but I guess that’s not the case. I see on the Metric Upload page that the PVU table has to be manually pulled or else the table is only as current as the last upgrade. Good thing to find out.

I updated both files and had a good import last night. We are still seeing discrepancies on some Intel Xeon pvu/core counts: (from Tariq P, our IBM rep)
“Bigfix ILMT report is showing few Intel Xeon servers at 120PVU/core. Costco will like to validate if Bigfix report is picking up correct data for IBM PVU based reporting. One example is “E5-2690 v3 @ 2.60GHz”, which shows max CPU configuration of 2” by Intel. This per IBM PVU table comes to 70 PVU/core for two socket server. Another is “E5-4627 v3 @ 2.60GHz”, which shows max CPU config of 4 (4 sockets server). This comes to 100 PVU/core. "

Would I submit a pmr to HCL to investigate or should I poke someone on the IBM side of things, since its ILMT?

This is a probably a question for IBM.

One more question: After updating the Metric and Signature tables, does the “Initiate Software Scan (9.2.16)” need to be rerun?
I noticed old versions are still Open and running from 2015 as policies by a former MO.
If so I will stop those and create new policy with the newer scan version.

In general, it is good practice to keep the components of ILMT current. Install the latest VM Manager, Scanner, Catalog, PVU table, etc.

The actions running from the supporting Fixlets should also be stopped and replaced with their most recent counterparts. This includes Initiate Software Scan, Upload Software Scan Results, Run Capacity Scans and Upload Results, and Schedule BM Manager Tool Scan Results Upload.

All of the supporting Fixlets have a version number in the name to assist in identifying out of date actions.