ILMT servers Full Capacity/Sub Capacity report issue

Hi,
we have a separate Data source group in ILMT for 13 servers.

There is no issue with pulling hardware inventory for the 13 servers but while pulling Full Capacity/Sub Capacity reports we are getting the reports only for 6 servers, unable to get the reports for remaining 7 servers.

when checking in the console initaite softwarescan,Run and capacity , upload software scan Fixlets are running fine for all the 13 servers.

can you please let me know how to fix the issue and get the subcapacity /full capacity reports for all 13 servers.

Thanks
karthik.k

Are the software scans on the seven servers running to completion (did you look at the results of the analysis “Software Scan Status”)?

Are you specifying the correct date range when trying to generate these reports?

Did these 7 computers ever show up in your reports? It’s not clear if this is a recurring problem or if this just started happening.

If the scans are indeed completing normally, maybe your BigFix MaxArchiveSize setting has been exceeded for the 7 servers? This technote explains how to check that (though it focuses on the VM Manager; you’d have to look at this for the computers that aren’t showing up in your reports).

https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/node/545935

–Mark

hi Mark,

Thanks for your response… below are my observations for your queries.

1. i checked software scans status are okay in analaysis also i noticed respective scanned files are stored in \BES Server\UploadManagerData\BufferDir\sha1\computerid.

2. even if we are giving the date range for the last 5 days before to till date the report is not generating for 7 servers.

3. in the month of September we got the report for 13 servers including this 7 servers.

4. i checked all the respective files are below the max archive file size.

kindly can you please help with some other steps.

Thanks
karthik.k

Try running the fixlet “Force Reupload of Software Scan Results” on these 7 computers, then run the Data Import again, and see if we get the desired results.

–Mark

hi Mark,

The Force “Reupload of Software Scan Results” is applicable only for (3/7) servers. i tried for the applicable the 3 servers but no luck stiil the data import has not happened.

Thanks
karthik.k

Hi,
Please check if the VM Manager is configured and running correctly. You will not get full capacity information without this. Without the VM Manager, full capacity value will be = subcapacity value. The run capacity and upload fixlet gets you the vCPU count only, it cannot get you the number of physical CPUs from the underlying hardware.

hi
with that same VM manager via i am able to get other 6 servers fulcapacity\subcapacity results properly without any issue.

can it be possible that vm manager will act for 6 servers in proper mode and for 7 servers in other mode.

Thanks
karthik.k

No, if its all hosted on the same Hardware the same VM Manager would be valid.
Can you share what virtualization technology you use?

“We are Using I/O like network and FCS from VIOS (Virtual Input Output Server)”

Sorry, I didn’t get it. Are you using something like VMWare, HyperV etc…

yes we are using vmware

can you post or send me a screenshot of the Software Classification Report, with the columns partition cores, server cores and Default PVU columns selected.

The screenshot looks like AIX?

yes all that 13 servers ar AIX

Ok, Are you saying that the server cores should be the same for all the hosts but its not?

@cgkarthik I am having some difficulty understanding your question.

It appears that you are expecting to see 13 partitions listed somewhere on one of the Full Capacity or Subcapacity reports. However, these are software reports, so they will report the sum of all Metric Quantities consumed by a given Software Product within your infrastructure.

So, a few questions:

1. What is the exact name of the report you are running?
  2. For which Software Products do you need to report Subcapacity or Full Capacity Metric Quantities?
  3. Should these Software Products be detected on all 13 partitions?
  4. What is the status of the IBM Software Classification on the ILMT home page? Do you have any Pending (or unconfirmed) assignments?