ILMT Lite (No Bigfix) setup

Not sure if an ILMT lite install is IBM only or HCL but here goes:
Trying to set up a “separate from Bigfix”, ILMT lite installation for about iSeries servers using disconnected only scanners only. This is due to “reasons”, but mainly because we will be leaving the Bigfix platform in the near future. I am running a full BFI install also.
Stuck at the “Create and Configure the application database screen”. Trying to connect to a remote SQL2019 instance where a new, empty db is in place. Getting the message "Authentication: windows authentication failed"
When I check the sql server, it looks like the configure app is attempting to access the new db using the machine acct, and not the configured service account that has db_owner rights. Without a database.yml file created yet, how can I force the configure step to use the service acct, and not the machine acct?
Note: I am logged into the app server using the service account, and it only has rights to that server and the db server. All comms test pass fine (odbs, sql tester, rdp)

Am I missing something? Checked the server.xml file, but that only has the jdbc connection info.

Someone please tell me I am dumb. Thanks!

I don’t know much about the standalone setup, but after installing try changing the service login to your service account, restart it, and then connect to configure the database

Thanks Jason. Setting the ilmt service permissions as Login as service worked. I did not realize the service was running before configuration completed
Now to argue with my dba’s why db_owner is not the same as the service being the actual DB Owner.

2 Likes

The short answer is that dbo is a user and db_owner is a database role. By default, any user in the database role of db_owner is aliased to the dbo in the database.

1 Like

Thx. Change control and dba’s combo means that they will argue/complain just on principle. They do not like to hand out owner ever at my org.

1 Like

I can absolutely relate to that scenario. It is very common in organizations just getting started with BigFix and BigFix products like BFI. One must be a patient negotiator to work through all the objections.