If else Tuple statement issue

I use the below 2 TUPLES (i removed most of it) to create retrieved properties for certain types of machines. The issue that I’m having is that I now have a Linux (CentOS v 6.1) and the first part of the Tuple excludes Linux systems. Please assist in changing the tuple to allow Linux systems to be included:

if (name of operating system does not start with “Win”) then "n/a"
else (if it = “” then “none” else it) of concatenation “|” of
items 0 of (
“IDS”, (it ends with “.domain_name.gov” OR it ends with “.domainname.gov”) of (dns name as lowercase) OR (computer name as lowercase = “idsmon”)
) whose (item 1 of it)

if (name of operating system does not start with “Win”) then “n/a” else (if it = “” then “none” else it) of concatenation “|” of items 0 of (
“IDS-BigFix”, dns name as lowercase ends with “.domain_name.gov” OR computer name as lowercase = “bfconsvr”;
“IDS-NAGIOS”, computer name as lowercase = “idsnagios” or computer name as lowercase = “idsmon”
) whose (item 1 of it)

I figured this out. There may be a better way but here’s my solution:

if (computer name as lowercase = “idsmon”) then “IDS” else
if (name of operating system starts with “Lin”) then “Linux” else
if (name of operating system does not start with “Win”) then "n/a"
else (if it = “” then “none” else it) of concatenation “|” of
items 0 of (
“IDS”, (it ends with “.domain_name.gov” OR it ends with “.domainname.gov”) of (dns name as lowercase)
) whose (item 1 of it)

if (computer name as lowercase = “idsmon”) then “IDS” else
if (name of operating system starts with “Lin”) then “Linux” else
if (name of operating system does not start with “Win”) then “n/a” else (if it = “” then “none” else it) of concatenation “|” of items 0 of (
“IDS-NAGIOS”, computer name as lowercase = “idsnagios”
) whose (item 1 of it)

1 Like