IEM 9.1 patch 6 and 9.2 patch 2 are available

9.1 patch 6 (9.1.1233.0) and 9.2 patch 2 (9.2.2.21) are now available.

If your root server is at version 9.1.1229 or 9.2.1.48, you are encouraged to upgrade to the relevant patch release.

These patch releases are necessary to fix an issue affecting agent site subscriptions (APAR IV68955 – more details are available in the technote).

The Console and all server components (including Web Reports, the Airgap Tool, and the Server API ) are affected by this patch release. Relays and agents are not affected.

In addition to the site subscription issue, both the 9.1 and 9.2 patch releases address the following:

• Baseline creation database error affecting the Linux server (APAR
    IV68735)
  • Web Reports LDAP role assignment issue after upgrade (APAR IV69132)
  • Console issue when using both four-eyes authentication and requiring reauthentication for every action (APAR IV64875)

Downloads and release information are available at:

Upgrade fixlets are available in BES Support version 1202 (or higher).

4 Likes

I wondered about the computer group relevance affecting site subscriptions. We definitely experienced that and hand to change some of our site relevance around.

Yep that sounds like this bug. Sorry about that. Upgrade will fix existing subscriptions and prevent the corruption from happening in the future.

1 Like

Anyone having WebReports issues after upgrading?

My WebReports states “There is a problem with the connection between Web Reports and one or
more datasources. Web Reports will continue attempting to connect until
the connection succeeds, but in the meantime data will be unavailable.”

Disregard, I believe it was because I changed the root server certificate and the connection wasn’t trusted. After giving MO credentials, I was prompted to trust/not trust the certificate. After trusting moments later the site was up completely.

1 Like

@daydrew, yeah, that can happen after changing the root server certificate, so your analysis sounds correct.

Upgraded our DEV environment this morning without issue. I’m going to let it bake for a week before upgrading PRD, but looking good so far. Thank you for fixing the baseline issues in such a timely manner.

1 Like

Is the 9.2.2.21 Agent supported by the relays which are at 9.2.1.48 for this patch?

We were always told that upgrading from the Root to Relays to Agents was the way to go. However in this case the Server and Agent versions match, except the relay is still at 9.2.1.48. Thoughts?

Yes, we support 9.2.2.21 agents connecting to 9.2.1.48 relays.

I think it is ideal if all versions match, and ideally nothing would be running at a higher version than the root server, but for the relays specifically, they should be on the highest version available that is not higher than your current root server version.

As for the clients, on the Macs, we often install the highest version of the client available, (9.2+) regardless of what version the root server or relays are on because Mac support on the client for the latest OS X often lags behind and the newer clients often work best on the Mac.

Also, up until recently we had a version 9.0 root server, but we still had a few 7.0 clients out there. This is definitely not ideal, but it was functional. We try not to force updates often on the clients and instead try to encourage the other IT units to do the updates themselves, but we finally forced all clients to be on at least version 8.2 and I think we are now (or soon will be) forcing all clients to be on at least version 9.0

Ultimately it is the minimum version of the clients that matters most, unless having a higher version is found to cause problems, which it could.

Is fixlet to update windows clients/relays to version 9.2.2.21 available?

So there’s no update to agent or relay