Identifying BES Client with hung Running action

We have a custom report that delivers a list of endpoints that have more than 4 Evaluating actions while hosting a Running action. Recently we noted that some of the Evaluating actions are Stopped or Expired actions and wanting to exclude them from the count indicating a hung Running action. Below is the relevance we use presently and wondering if anyone can amend to exclude Stopped and Expired actions showing Evaluating.

q: (name of it, operating system of it, (concatenation " " of unique values of (values of property results whose (name of property of it = “Company”) of it as string)), (concatenation “;” of names of actions of action results whose (status of it equals bes action status running) of it)) of bes computers whose (number of action results whose (status of it equals bes action status evaluating) of it > 4)

Thanks in advance.

I haven’t really tested this, but how about something like the following:

(name of it, operating system of it, (concatenation " " of unique values of (values of property results whose (name of property of it = "Company") of it as string)), (concatenation ";" of names of actions of action results whose (status of it equals bes action status running) of it)) of bes computers whose (number of action results whose ((state of action of it != "Expired" AND state of action of it != "Stopped") AND status of it equals bes action status evaluating) of it > 4)

My Session_Inspector_Help.chm doesn’t list state under action results and tested your session relevance didn’t have a problem with the addition of state of action so it appears good. Unfortunatley I don’t have any hung endpoints waiting on a Running action so I can’t confirm that it will exclude those states. I dropped that it > 4 to it > 1 and it identified 2 servers but by the time I checked them they no longer had any Evaluating actions.

Thanks for the reply and I believe those additions is what I needed.

The best place to get the properties available is the online pages at

https://developer.bigfix.com/

1 Like

Here’s a direct link to the property in question: https://developer.bigfix.com/relevance/reference/bes-action.html#state-of-bes-action-string