Ideas on how to insert credentials that are needed to reach our git server via a Fixlet?

Our org has a security standard to not allow anonymous access to git repos(Recently changed).
We have many fixlets that connect to a git repo in order to download the powershell/bash scripts that end up being executed by BigFix as part of a Fixlet.

With this new security setting BigFix will need to authenticate to the git server using a service account.
I know we can pass credentials as part of the action parameters(Using secure parameters in this case).
However, that’s not possible due to the BigFix users are not supposed to have those credentials.

Is there any way to save the credentials in a safe way in BigFix and then every time one of the fixlets is executed pull those credentials and pass them as parameters?

I know that’s possible via the REST API I’m looking for options that involved only the use of the console as the fixlets will be created/updated by the console users in a daily basis.
If anyone has dealt with a similar requirement it would be great to hear from you!