Id computers relevance

hey,
how can i get an id’s from specipic servers name with relevance query - but servers, many

We need a better description of what you are trying to do, otherwise is really hard to be of any help.

Rosario.

(id of it) of bes computers whose (exists name whose ( it as lowercase contains “myserver”)of it)

this give only one id every time , i need a few server ids.
what i need to append after this for getting more than one server id

@rgangemi

Try (ids of it, names of it) of bes computers whose (exists name whose (it as lowercase contains "myserver") of it)

(ids of it, names of it) of bes computers whose (exists name whose (it as lowercase contains “myserver”) of it)
and if i want one more server id?

(ids of it, names of it) of bes computers whose (exists name whose (it as lowercase contains “myserver”) and (exists name whose (it as lowercase contains “myserver”)of it)

??

i want multy ids

@itsmpro92

Yet again. What is your complete use case ?
As a reminder, this is a forum of users that try to help each other, if you spend few minutes to express your needs clearly and completely we will be able to help you.

Rosario.

thank you.
@rgangemi
i have something like ten servers that i need to see them ids
but i dont want to do one and then again one more
i want to get all the ten server id in one time with relevance query.

you understand what i meaning?

The next question is, what criteria do you want to use to search for the given endpoints, and return their computer IDs? Will it just be computer name?

If just based on computer name, here’s one approach where you can more easily/compactly enter in a list of names (pipe delimited) to have it return the ID <-> Name map:

(id of it, name of it) of bes computers whose ("|computer1|COMPUTER2|" as lowercase contains ("|" & name of it as lowercase & "|"))

1 Like

yeah only computer name @Aram

thank you very much!!!

That’s PhD level relevance @Aram. How does that even work?

:slight_smile: So, when we perform a whose filter on an object, it iterates through each one (in this case, each computer), right? We’re then basically checking to see if a list of computers contains the iterated item (in this case by name). I use pipe as a delimiter here, but you can use anything really. The delimiter helps ensure that what we are comparing in the list is a complete name (since we’re using the contains operator).

1 Like

Now I see - it’s the order of operations inside the whose clause that confused me. I was trying to figure out how “literal string” was related to bes computer objects. Instead, I should have been looking at how the relevance was interpreted as true or false for each object in the set of bes computers.

The more comprehensive item is the container of the target item

In my previous experience, I would typically put the property of the object on the left side of the comparison.

Very cool, learned a new perspective on relevance today. Thanks!

1 Like

Great @Aram ! nice piece of relevance :slight_smile:

@iftachzi … looks like you got what you needed now :wink:

Rosario

thank you all~!!
@rgangemi
@itsmpro92
@Aram supper!