IBM Endpoint Manager Support Center

(imported topic written by GreenEagleLeader)

Please bookmark the following landing page as your portal to documentation and troubleshooting resources for the IBM Endpoint Manager product:

IBM Endpoint Manager Support Center:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21624185

(imported comment written by StuMarr)

I’ve seen this question asked before, but I don’t think the answer was sufficient. Is there a way to force the agent to report into the console? Like via a command prompt command or anything? I have 3 servers, two stuck in “Pending download” since yesterday and one that took over an hour to change from “Pending restart” even though I was already logged back into the server after the restart.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Stu M

(imported comment written by Tim.Rice)

• You can try Stopping and Starting the BESClient service. BESClient will think that the server itself restarted and will begin it’s worklist from the top again, and should report in a few minutes.
  • If you have a Relay involved, the BESClient could be reporting in a timely manner, but the Relay is not forwarding the information. Try Stopping/Starting (Restarting) the BESRelay service.

If you don’t want to be that drastic, you can simply try right clicking the Endpoint in your Console and select
Send Refresh
. This causes a UDP packet to be sent to the BESClient telling it to reevaluate all of it’s Retrieved Properties and report all of them to it’s Relay (as opposed to only reporting those that have changed). For my systems, this usually takes less than 10 minutes before most clients will report back. Be careful not to select too many systems at once or you will flood your server with large reports and it could take a while to process them into the database.

(imported comment written by jgstew)

This should have been posted to a separate topic.

Sometimes the issue is that the client takes a while to process something, but other times the issue is that the client did the action very quickly, but it takes a while for that to be reflected in the console. Where the issue lies depends on where the hold up was. You should be able to look in the client logs to see how quickly the client started processing the action from when you took it, and also when it finished vs when it was reflected in the console.

The stuck in “pending downloads” could have been due to a slow download.