IBM Bigfix License requirement?

Hi Team,

We have entitlement

We have surplus licenses of “IBM BigFix 9.5 Inventory & “IBM BigFix Life Cycle 9.5” which we would like to leverage to cover the installation of “

IBM BigFix 9.2 Console
IBM BigFix 9.2 Server
IBM BigFix 9.2 Client

I understand that IBM BigFix 9.2 Client, IBM BigFix 9.2 Server, IBM BigFix 9.2 Client, IBM BigFix 9.2 Console are the small part of “IBM BigFix 9.5 Inventory & “IBM BigFix Life Cycle 9.5

Can any one advice if we can use the BM BigFix 9.5 Inventory & “IBM BigFix Life Cycle 9.5” Entitlement to Cover the Bigfix Client, Console, Server component.
Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks!!!

The Console and Server components do not require a separate license, and are in fact part of your Inventory and Lifecycle entitlements. Additionally, the version should not be a factor for your entitlement. As such, the only element you really need to consider here are the Clients/endpoints themselves and their associated licenses.

1 Like

Thanks for the help!!

Does IBM Bigfix Inventory License fulfil the need or We needs to Procure both IBM Bigfix Life Inventory as well as IBM Bigfix Life cycle.

I’m not sure I understand the question exactly? The capabilities of BigFix Inventory are quite different than that of BigFix Lifecycle.

Hi Sir,

Can you please explain me what are the types of licences should buy for IBM bigfix.

BigFix Licenses are device type licences like Client device licenses and Server device licenses.
All Bigfix components like Server, Console are covered in device licenses.

1 Like

Hi,

Can you please breifly explain about client device licence and server device licence. If we install the components like bigfix inventory, console, lifecycle management, compliance means, we need to buy licence individually for each component?

Soundarya,

BigFix Inventory, BigFix Compliance, and BigFix Lifecycle Management are products. You can purchase licenses for each depending on what capabilities you need.

BigFix Server, BigFix Console, and BigFix Client are software components that you will install once you purchase licenses. What those components are capable of is determined by the product you purchase. If you purchase Lifecycle, and later decide to add Compliance, you do not necessarily need to install more software. Your license will be updated to show that you have purchased additional capability, and that capability will be enabled in your server.

License pricing is determined by the products you choose and the type of endpoints that you wish to manage. Single-user, desktop operating system endpoints require a Client Device license. Multi-user, server operating system endpoints require a Server license.

You will need to determine what products you need based on which BigFix capabilities you need, then determine how many server and single-user endpoints you want to manage. Once you have made your purchase, you will install components - BigFix Server, Console, and Clients (agents). You can install as many Servers and Consoles as you desire. You can install only as many Clients as you have licenses for. Licensing is only tied to the number and type of endpoints, and the capabilities (products) that you purchased.

I hope this helps.

Hi,

Thank you so much

Hi Team

if we have Bigfix Lifecycle licenses, can we use the licenses for Bigfix Compliance? Is Compliance one of the components of Bigfix Lifecycle?

Can anyone please advice me on this

BigFix Compliance is a separate license/site from BigFix Lifecycle. If you go to BigFix Domain -> License Overview, do you see BigFix Compliance site listed? If not then that license will need to be obtained and added to your entitlement.

1 Like

Hi Sir
Thank you so much!!
Can you please send the link

You can check this in your BigFix Console -> BigFix Domain -> License Overview
If BigFix Compliance Site is not listed , check if you have BigFix Compliance entitlement by logging into: https://tem.subscribenet.com/control/ibmt/login

https://support.hcltechsw.com/csm?id=bigfix_support

1 Like