IBM Bigfix Inventory(SUA) 9.2v Adobe Acrobat Differentiate between Acrobat x pro version and Adobe Create Cloud Acrobat version

Hi,

I have using IBM Bigfix Inventory(SUA) 9.2v in my environment, in this Adobe Acrobat application report Differentiate between Acrobat x pro version and Adobe Create Suite Acrobat version needed,

For example, I have installed Acrobat X pro in some machines, also I have installed Adobe Creative suite 6 in some machines, in this creative suite 6 package default acrobat x added, (Photoshop, illustrator, in-design, Acrobat X - all in adobe creative suite 6 package)

so If I am running the reports based on adobe acrobat X means the Creative suite acrobat X machines also comes under the same page,

How Can I take the reports based on acrobat X pro(excepted creative suite acrobat X application)?

Also please find the screen shot for referanse,

Thanks,
Nagaraj.

I’m not sure if it is possible to differentiate them because I think the actual installer is the same.

You might be able to tell a difference based upon the serialization of them since they should have different serial numbers under the hood.

Related:

Hi Jgstew,

Can you explain briefly?

Thanks,
Nagaraj.

If you look at the example analyses I linked to that are on BigFix.Me, it is possible to see what the serial number data looks like on each machine that has Acrobat installed. Those installed using Creative Suite should have different looking serialization data than those installed by themselves independently, assuming different serial numbers were used. Even if the same serial numbers were used, it may still be possible to differentiate them based upon the info in the serialization DB.

It won’t be easy to differentiate them and it will require manual work.

Hi jgstew,

The Adobe serial number property shown same serial number in the column(creative suite acrobat and Acrobat separate) please find the screenshot for your reference,

so please guide the another way to find out?

Thanks,
Nagaraj.

In that case, your best option may be to just differentiate them based upon the presents or lack of other items in the Creative Suite.

HI,

Sorry, please explain briefly?

Thanks,
Nagaraj.

If a computer has acrobat and another creative suite product, then it’s likely a copy of acrobat licensed through the creative suite.

If a computer only has acrobat and no other major creative suite product, then it is probably a solitary copy of acrobat.

Hi jgstew,

Yeah correct, so can you guide any sample relevance for this one,

Thanks,
Nagaraj.

I don’t have the exact names of the EXEs, so this is just a template.

This will give you a true value if Acrobat is installed by itself, and a false value if it is installed along side other CS products, assuming they are all added to the relevance properly:

exists (regapp "Acrobat.exe" | ERROR "Acrobat Not Installed") AND not exists regapps ("Photoshop.exe";"InDesign.exe";"AllOfTheOthers.exe")

Hi jgstew,

thanks for your updates, the relevance are working fine in IBM SUA console, in this report can we create the contract based?
please share any idea’s,

Thanks,
Nagaraj.

I don’t know much about SUA contracts.